Sunday, April 6, 2014

Small Makeup Haul & Empties

I haven't emptied my box of used products in a few months and it was getting pretty full.  I've really been trying to cut down on buying makeup until I've used up some of what I have because I'm pretty sure I have enough eyeshadows, lip products, and blushes to last the rest of my life.  I was at Walmart this weekend and I picked up some things I'm out of or almost out of and I was really proud that I resisted the temptation to buy all the new products that are out there right now.  Having said that, they just opened an Ulta in my town so I'll be making a trip over there in the next few weeks, as several of the products I use daily can only be purchased there.

Let's start with the three things I purchased.

1. Wet N Wild Brulee Eyeshadow Single - I use this shadow almost every day as a highlight and my current one is almost completely gone.  It will definitely be making an appearance in the next empties post.
2. Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara - My absolute favorite mascara, as you'll see later in this post.
3. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeliner in Brown - I've used up my "good" brown eyeliners... you know, the ones that don't smudge when you touch your eye or smear off when you sweat?  So I wanted to try something that was a little less expensive than my Physician's Formula and NYX favorites.  I've only used this once but so far I like the staying power but dislike the fact that it has shimmer in it.

Next, let's move on to makeup I've used up.
1 and 2: Compacts of Physician's Formula Healthy Wear Powder Foundation in Translucent Light.  This is my favorite, use every day, foundation.  It has SPF and the perfect amount of coverage for me.  I actually have one more compact like this still in my collection but after I finish up that one, I'll have to go to Ulta to get some more.  I think that's the only place it's sold now or it might be discontinued.  If so, there's another Physician's Formula powder I like but I'll probably be on the hunt for a new one.
3: Wet N Wild Mega Plump Mascara. Okay, not great.  I like it but I like Maybelline Collosal Volum' better.
4, 5, and 6: Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara.  My favorite mascara!
7: e.l.f. eyelid primer. I used this to prime under my eyes before applying concealer.  I honestly haven't noticed much difference now that I'm not priming before concealer.
8. Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in Espresso. A good workhorse eyeliner.  Not super smudgeproof though.  It definitely won't stand up well to the heat and humidity of Florida's summer.
9. Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio in Nude Eyes (dark brown shade). Now this eyeliner can last through any weather Florida has to offer.  Unfortunately, I really only love the dark brown shade and you have to buy 3 shades together and it's pricey at over $10.

Next, let's look at skincare products.
10. Equate All Day Moisturizing Lotion for Sensitive Skin.  This is a good daily moisturizer.  It has SPF and is light on the skin.
11. Vaseline Repairing Moisture Lotion.  This is a good hand lotion but I dislike the scent of it.
12. Dollar General Eye Serum.  Love this stuff.  It works as well as the $15 generics sold at Target and Walmart but costs a third of the price.  I actually will be needing to get more of this very soon.
13. Carmex Lip Balm.  My goodness, this stuff is great.  I've been using this for more than fifteen years and I swear by it.  It keeps lips hydrated for hours and even adds a little bit of shine.
14. Euphoria Perfume Sample.  Liked this fragrance but wouldn't buy it for myself.  Too girly for my taste.

And finally, let's look at hair products.
15. Vidal Sassoon Extra Firm Hold Mousse.  The nicest thing I can say about this mousse is that it sucks as much as most mousses do.  Don't waste your money.  It didn't add any volume or do a thing for my hair.
16. Tresemme Tres Two Hairspray.  Love it, can't live without it.  Can even withstand Florida's summer.
17 and 18. Salon Grafix Invisible Dry Shampoo.  If you have dark hair, this dry shampoo is the bomb.  No white residue so you don't have to try to rub it in.  It not only absorbs oil but I like it because it also adds texture to my fine hair.
19. Garnier Fructis Curl Construct Mousse.  This mousse is not meant to add volume, but to hold curls.  This is great if you're going to braid your hair or put it in foam curlers overnight.
20. Tresemme Tres Two Hairspray Travel Size.  This is the same as #16 but I had it leftover from my trip to Pittsburgh at Christmas.  I used the last of this one when I ran out of the big can.
21. John Frieda Frizz-Ease Straight Fixation.  This is another use every day product for me.  It just helps keep the humidity out of my hair and even though my hair is naturally straight, this helps keep it more sleek and protects my hair from hot tools.
22. So Gorgeous Volumizing Root Mousse Travel Size.  Again, this was left over from my trip to Pittsburgh.  Now this is a mousse that adds texture and volume.  I purchased the large size after the disappointment of #15.  This mousse never lets me down.

So there you have it, lots of products used and I'm really trying hard not to buy a bunch of new makeup until I've used up some of what I have.  I'll have to do a "hit pan" post soon, as there are several blushes and eyeshadows I've hit pan on recently and I'm pretty proud of the fact that I'm actually starting to see some items get used now.

No comments:

Post a Comment