Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I'm in a Funk


Oh heavens, I'm in a funk right now and I need to get out of it. This was another morning where I woke up and hated the world. I went out of my way to curl my hair and tried to do a cute updo.... which ended up taking twice as long it would have to just straighten my hair. Then it still ended up looking stupid. And as soon as I stepped out of my house I realized it was pouring down rain so then poof! Hair frizz defeats the curls. When I got to work I ended up just tossing my hair in a bun and saying enough already (that was after taking outfit photos so I included a hair photo below). But then I kind of ended up liking the messy bun look so... silver lining I guess.


Cobalt dress: Ross
Bracken fern artist cardigan: Target
Abstract print scarf: Walmart
Nylons: Walgreens
Sand flats: Rack Room Shoes 



On the plus side, tomorrow is my last day of tutoring and halfway through the week! I know things will be better next week so I just need to stay positive for the next three days.  I can do this!  And I swear I'll go back to talking about makeup and clothes and happy, lighter stuff soon too. ;)  For now, just let me vent, mkay?  Thanks, friends.



Messy bun = perfect teacher style.  And I safety pinned the ends of this rectangular scarf so it would stay the shape I wanted.  Why have I never thought to do that before?

4 comments:

  1. Vent away! We all have a funk like this, and it's nice to know that we can relate to each other. I definitely like the messy bun, cute and put together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree that sometimes it's just nice to know everyone has rotten days.

      Delete
  2. I would hardly call this a funk. You look AMAZING here. It all looks good. I especially like the suntan pantyhose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was really more my mood that was in a funk that my looks.

      Delete