Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Head Lice & Sweaty Feet


Let's talk about gross things, okay?  If gross things bother you, just look at the pictures without reading on.

Gross Thing #1: Head Lice
The talk of the town at my school yesterday was about how several of our fifth graders have head lice.  Old wives' tales (old teachers' tales?) allege that head lice dislike hair that is pulled back, dirty, or has lots of product in it.  I've never had head lice before and hope never to get it, so I went with all of the above.  Last night, I didn't wash my hair.  This morning I teased it a little, added lots of dry shampoo and hairspray and wore it in a ponytail.  I also kept a safe distance away from all of my kiddos today.  Cause, you know... eww.

Gross Thing #2: Sweaty Feet
We all know everyone sweats.  However, we don't all sweat the same.  For example, my armpits don't sweat that much, but my feet... oh my.  They could fill a bucket.  Stinky, sweaty feet?  This girl has them.  I don't even like to go shoe shopping with my friends because trying on shoes is awkward when you're feet are stinky.  So on days like today when it's pretty hot, it is heavenly for me to be able to wear sandals.  When I was driving to work today at 6:00 AM, the radio said it was already 77 degrees.  And the high today was again nearly 90.  I guess Florida decided to have one week of spring and fast forward to summer.  Sadly, this isn't even that hot and gross compared to what it will be here in a few weeks.  I don't even want to talk about how much sweat there will be (and what parts will be sweating) when the temperature is 93 with 99% humidity.  Again... eww.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate. I was thinking the same thing today, that we skipped right to summer. I'm trying to brace myself for the heat. Ugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand Karen! What happened to those perfect in-between temperatures that aren't too hot or too cold?

    ReplyDelete