Sunday, March 9, 2014

Tired of the Cold


This week was super busy and I got hit with one of those cranky style moods.  You know the ones... "I'm tired of dressing for the same stupid weather and I'm totally out of ideas and tired of the cold blah blah blah..." And then we had a random 70 and then an 80 degree day before the cold returned.  So I finally got to wear one of my new navy dresses!  I wore it (as pictured above) on Sunday with brown tights and leopard flats for a day date with my hubby and the next day (since it was 80 that day) I wore it with sheer nylons and brown flats.  Then the weather went back to cold again so it was back to pants and sweaters but I'm excited for this week coming because it will be warm and I bought two new dresses on Friday.  Check back later this week for the haul post!

Back to the past week... I was all out of cardigan/long sleeve shirt combo ideas so I took a gamble and tried a similar combo with my thin Florida pullover sweaters and several Banana Republic long sleeve shirts I have.  The BR shirts are all quite fitted and I feel a little insecure wearing them alone but they layered perfectly with my thin sweaters!  A fresh new layering combo gave me the energy to get through this long work week without having to think too much about how sick I am of wearing sweaters and pants.

And I have a new background for my closet at work!  I had these two bright yellow science fair boards just hanging out in my closet and since my closet is a WRECK right now... I'm blinding you with yellow instead of piles of math manipulatives and teachers editions that may never be organized again.  I just keep reminding myself that I only have a few weeks of tutoring left this year and only two weeks of work until Spring Break!  I can't wait to do some more summer dress shopping and actually get outside of my school and my house for awhile!

Outfit 1

Outfit 1:
This photo was taken outside of the World Golf Hall of Fame when Brian and I actually had some time for a day date!  Between me working, tutoring, and having family night at my school this week and him working, coaching girls' tennis, coaching Brain Brawl, and volunteering to MC the scholarship pageant at the school he works at, we haven't seen each other much lately!  :(  All work and no play makes for busy days for us both.  However, for both of us, all of our after school activities wrap up the second week of April and we're looking forward to spending some well earned dates together.

navy dress: Ross
camel cardigan: Target
brown belt: free with a different dress
brown tights: Walmart
leopard flats: Papaya

Outfit 2


Outfit 2

Outfit 2:
petite black long sleeve button down: Banana Republic Outlet
maroon sweater: Walmart
black and silver flower necklace: Papaya
petite straight leg jeans: Loft Outlet (on clearance for $14.24, go me!)
pewter flats: GH Bass Outlet

Outfit 3

Outfit 3

Outfit 3:
petite bracken fern button down: Banana Republic Outlet
black sweater: Walmart
faux pearl and chain necklace: Body Central
straight leg jeans: Loft Outlet
black bow flats: GH Bass Outlet

Outfit 4

Outfit 4

Outfit 4:
petite orange button down: Banana Republic Outlet
gray sweater: Walmart
teal teardrop necklace: Body Central
petite black straight leg chinos: Walmart
black bow flats: GH Bass Outlet

2 comments: