Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Retail Therapy

For the longest time, I didn't have the time or energy to shop nor was there anything I wanted to look for.  Oh, the saving of money has ended and the retail therapy has begun!  But it's okay because I've found some great deals lately and I'm really happy with what I've purchased lately.  And seriously, I've been so stressed and busy at work lately that shopping has really been a great way to relax and spend some much needed girl time with friends.  I figured I earned it by working all the extra hours and earning extra money tutoring.  Here's what I've added to my closet.

Calvin Klein mint scarf, Ross $9.99
I love that this scarf is light weight enough to be worn here in Florida and I thought it would look great with my new navy dresses.  Also, it matches a super cute pair of flats I already have!
\

Petite dark wash straight leg jeans, Loft $14.24
I've had a pair of straight leg jeans on my wish list for ages and I couldn't pass these up when they were on super sale over President's Day weekend.  I saw the exact same pair yesterday for $24.99 so I'm happy I jumped on these when I did.


Petite sleeveless black shirt dress, Ross $12.99
A black shirt dress is another thing that has been on my wish list for ages and I love this one!  Great price and I think it looks totally cute on, as shown in yesterday's outfit post.  You can't really tell because it's black, but this one buttons the entire way and has an elastic tie waist and A-line from the waist down.  Can you say love?

Coral shirt dress, Ross $9.99
This dress is exactly the same as the navy shirt dress I bought from Ross last week.  I love that dress and for such a low price in a fun, flattering color, I was happy to find this gem.  I've already worn it once!  On Saturday, Brian was the MC of the scholarship pageant at the high school he works at and I looked adorable yet casual enough in this sweet dress.


Distressed cropped denim jacket, Vanity Fair Clearance Outlet, $13
I have been contemplating purchasing a denim jacket for a little while now.  I always see such cute dress and skirt outfits on Pinterest and style blogs but I wasn't really sure if it was my style.  I figured since this one was so inexpensive, it was a low cost risk and of course, I ended up loving it!  Except there are a few things I don't like about this particular one, including the weird paisley pattern on the underside of the cuff and the distressed areas of it.  I'll keep a look out for the perfect replacement for it, but it will have to fit all the areas I want.


Brown saddle belt, Burlington Coat Factory $3.98
"Saddle belt" because it definitely cinches like a saddle!  LOL!  I was looking for another brown belt that I could wear with my pencil skirts and dresses and this one was a cheap sale.  I'm not sure that I love it but for such a low cost, I'm okay with donating it if I wear it a few times and still don't love it.  And of course, I ended up buying a dress that came with a free brown belt that was exactly what I was looking for.  (See second photo)



Nude patent ballet flats, Vanity Fair Outlet $8
To be honest, I wasn't sure about these shoes at first and ended up thinking about them for two days before I went back to the outlet to buy them.  In real life, mine are more of a grayish nude than the photo below.  But I have another pair of these shoes in a different color and they are pretty comfortable, since they are big enough on me to fit good insoles in with them.  Eventually, I decided they were worth an eight dollar risk and I really have wanted a pair of nude flats for awhile.  I had just planned on purchasing a higher quality pair, maybe something with a good built-in insole.  As a teacher who is on her feet all day, I'm happy to invest in good quality flats for work.  For now, I'll try these out and see if I really like nude flats as much as I think I will.
[source]
I also purchased slips to wear under all my pretty new dresses, but I have a thing about not posting photos of my undergarments.  (Is that just me?)  For anyone who is interested, I bought these in latte and black for half price on clearance at Target and I really like them.  The black one stayed in place well with my new black shirt dress and was really comfortable.  The slip didn't stick to the dress the way they sometimes can.  At least it didn't stick after I ironed my dress before wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment