Sunday, March 2, 2014

Navy Dresses Times Three

On Saturday I went shopping with a friend and when she and I shop, it's a marathon shopping day.  It paid off in the end!  I was on the hunt for dresses.  After cleaning out my closet a few weeks ago, only two dresses made the cut.  I realized that it's not that I don't like dresses, but that I didn't like most of the dresses that I had.  They were too short or didn't fit right and most of them were items I had settled on for a special occasion where I "needed" a dress right then, right there.  I decided instead to be more picky and select some dresses when I wasn't really in need of something specific.  I tried on about twenty different dresses and ended up with three different ones that fit really well and looked cute and all coincidentally happened to be navy.  I'm still going to be on the lookout for some spring dresses... maybe something pink or floral?  Let's look at what I bought so far.

First, we went to Ross and we both scored big there.  I had never really shopped Ross' dresses before and boy, was I missing out.  They just had a ton of items to choose from and I think I tried on like twelve different dresses.  In the end, I ended up with two that looked really cute and fit me well.  The first one is a really simple navy shirt dress.  And it has pockets!  I can see myself wearing this with a braided belt and braided sandals in the summer and with a cardigan and tights in the spring and fall.  It could be worn really casually or dressed up with some heels.  And for $9.99... yes, please!


Next, I found a sheath dress at Ross for $16.99.  The navy and beige are a classic combination and it's even a petite size!  I think this dress will be great for work.  I can see it with a white long sleeve button down under it or with a cardigan or khaki blazer over it.  My friend suggested wearing a navy cardigan over it and making it like a pencil skirt.

And the last dress I bought was $29.99 at Burlington Coat Factory.  I LOVE this dress!  It's very 1950s and even has crinoline in the bottom of it to maintain the A-line shape.  This dress is so adorable!  I don't know how much wear I would get out of this dress for every day but I can definitely see myself wearing it to work or a special occasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment