Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Making the Case for Dresses


Hooray for a pretty spring dress!  Hip hip hooray for a $9.99 pretty spring dress!  I really feel like I've been missing out on dresses for a long time.  For awhile now I've thought dresses just weren't really for me until my friend M convinced me a few weeks ago while we were shopping at Ross together that dresses were awesome.  Here are the cases she made for dress awesomeness:
1. If you get the right one, they can be really comfortable
2. They are simple.  Top and bottom in one, all you really need to think about are what shoes to wear with it!
3. It's often the cheapest outfit you can buy.  One piece, one price.
4. You can dress them up with heels and jewelry or dress them down with flats and a denim jacket.  They work for spring, summer, winter, and fall because they are so easy to layer.
5. With only a few dresses, you can get a lot of looks.  For example, my black shirt dress.  Pair it this time with a denim jacket, brown belt and brown flats.  Next time wear it with a hot pink cardigan, a scarf, and boots.  Next time try a silver belt and silver sandals.  So many looks just by changing the accessories or layering differently.

And I'm so glad I let her talk me into trying on dresses because now I'm hooked!  She makes a valid case, no?

white 3/4 cardigan: Target
coral shirt dress: Ross
woven dark brown belt: free with another dress
brown knot flats: Rack Room Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment