Monday, March 31, 2014

Just Not Me


I'm pretty sure this is the fourth time I've worn this skirt and it's definitely my favorite.  This is how I originally imagined wearing this skirt when I bought it so I'm not sure why it took me so long to wear it like this.  Maybe I was saving this outfit in my mind for some reason?  Whatever the reason, I think I've figured out why this skirt was neglected for so long.  I feel like it's just not me.  I love the shape of this skirt but I really am not a huge fan of prints.  I think I would have worn it a lot more if it was just a solid color.  Or even if the print was smaller.  To me, this print is just a little too big and busy for my petite body.  Still, I'm going to try to make it work.  I'm thinking that the next time I wear it I'll go for a look like this, with something more casual.  I'm thinking a plain white tee and a denim jacket might be just the trick to dress it down because in all black today it felt a bit too stuffy and dressed up for my tastes.  Pink is really more my forte than an almost all black outfit.  Oh well, at least I looked cute and professional for my first day back to work after a week off.

petite black long sleeve button down: Banana Republic Outlet
petite polka dot A-line skirt: Loft Outlet
black stretch belt: Papaya
super opaque black tights: Target [exact same here]
black bow flats: GH Bass Outlet


4 comments:

  1. I think that skirt is so cute - but I tend to love prints anyhow. I understand, though, that prints may just not fit your style.
    Looking forward to seeing you dress it down a bit with the white tee and denim jacket. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! I think I'll like the denim jacket look better.

      Delete
  2. I totally understand the feeling! It certainly looks great on you though :)

    ReplyDelete