Saturday, February 15, 2014

From Makeup Tutorials to Math Tutorials


I have been so busy lately but in the most pleasant way!  My students have all received their iPads and we are now officially a 1:1 iPad classroom.  It is awesome!  I am absolutely in love with my job right now, as it currently consists of two of my favorite things: teaching and technology.  Combining the two has been a perfect match for me.  Needless to say, I've easily transitioned from making makeup tutorials to math tutorials!  I've been spending lots of time coming up with fun activities for the kids that include some short videos of me reteaching some concepts that my kids struggled with and I just died laughing inside when the first student said, "Watching you on a video is way better than you teaching us!".  They are so easily fooled.

Changing everything I do into digital lessons is really time consuming right now but I feel a passion for my work that I haven't felt in many years and it's extremely rewarding when I see my students laughing, engaged, and working hard on something that I prepared for them.  I'm just in a very happy place right now and while I really don't have time for makeup tutorials these days, I'm so happy I have that experience.  It was really easy to get back in front of the camera and it only felt awkward to be teaching an empty room for a few moments before I got back into the swing of it.  But I'm off again... those science digital lessons don't make themselves!   :-D

1 comment:

  1. Hi - just wanted to say it is great to hear someone so passionate about their job! I know it can be hard to make a change like this, but good for you to find the positives in it!

    ReplyDelete