Monday, February 3, 2014

Best Laid Plans



I knew going into this week that it was going to be an extremely busy one so I selected (and tried on and photographed) all of my outfits in advance and even made our lunches for several days at a time.  I felt like I had my game face on to start this week.  Then I woke up today and didn't feel like wearing the skirt I had picked out. Then I got to work and saw that Friday was wear red day at work and that if you wear red Friday, then you can wear jeans on Thursday. Then at the end of the day, we got the email saying our students will be getting their iPads tomorrow and we were requested to wear our team shirts and jeans. The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry, right? It's okay though, since I get to wear jeans three times this week. :)  And if I don't end up wearing some of the outfits, then I'll be more prepared for next week.  *Optimism*

On to the outfit! I've had trouble in the past styling this shirt.  It's a classic shape but the color is sort of a weird shade of grayish green and I never really knew what bottom to wear it with before.  When I held it up next to these navy chinos in my closet, I knew it was meant to be.  I definitely see this shirt getting more love in the near future.  I definitely want to pair it with my navy polka dot pencil skirt.

petite bracken fern 3/4 button down from Banana Republic Factory
petite navy chinos from Walmart
mixed neutrals necklace from Payless
honey bow ballet flats from G.H. Bass Outlet

No comments:

Post a Comment