Monday, January 6, 2014

Healthy Lunch


Today was my first day back to work and with my new determination to eat healthier, I got a good start with this lunch.  Let's break it down.

Lunchbox: I got this awesome lunch box at Big Lots.  You can get the same style (different print) here. I really like this lunch box because the lid opens up to the same size as the box, so you can set in a large tray (like pictured) without having to turn your lunchbox on its side.  I actually have several sizes and shapes of lunchboxes that I use for different sized containers.  I'll be sharing them as I post different lunches.

I also bought this plastic three compartment container that my lunch is in at Big Lots.  It's the perfect size for a salad, wrap, and snack.  I'm not sure where you can find those but I've also seen them at Target before.  This one came with a fork and knife in the slots on the lid but the utensils were cheap and I broke the fork.

The spork pictured here came with this food container.  I also have a reusable tumbler cup with ice water and a mini bottle of salad dressing.  If you're looking for an easy, mess free way to take salad dressing to work, these bottles are the best.  They are Evriholder Dressing-2-Go bottles.  I bought mine at Kitchen Collection but they are also available at Amazon and Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  They are silicone, hold a perfect amount of dressing and they never leak!  And if that weren't enough, both pieces are dishwasher safe.  I highly recommend them.

Now let's talk about what I'm eating!  Yummo!
Wrap: a spinach wrap (cut in half and stacked on each other).  Inside is cracked pepper turkey, pepperjack cheese, baby spinach, cucumber slices and a drizzle of Ranch dressing.
Grapes: seedless green grapes make a tart and healthy mid-morning snack.
Salad: baby spinach and romaine hearts for leafy greens.  Sliced grape tomatoes, cucumbers, and green pepper.  To the side is a pink teddy bear-shaped mini silicone cup of shredded cheese.  I keep it separate so the cheese doesn't get sticky and goey before I eat it.
Dressing: Ken's Steak House Lite Northern Italian Dressing

I have to say, after five days of nasty hospital food, fresh fruits and vegetables taste delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment