Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Clothing Haul

Last Tuesday was my teacher of the year ceremony.  A fancy event like that is always a good excuse to do some shopping.  I tried on several dresses including these ones from Forever 21 (Number 1, Number 2 and one more I can't find the link to) but none of them made me feel super confident like this little black dress that I already have.  So I decided to go with what I already love and just buy some new pieces to make the dress into an outfit.

Shoes:
I found these adorable and really comfortable shoes from Payless.  They have a built in insole and I got them in a wide size.  They also come in several other colors, including black and navy.

Cardigans:
I also picked up several cardigans.  I wanted the hot pink one for my outfit and the others were just additions to my wardrobe as a swap out for some of my older, needed-to-be-replaced cardigans.

I got the first two from H&M.  I like their cardigans because they run pretty small so I can get the equivalent of a petite size sweater for only $14.95.  (They weren't on sale at my H&M.)




[H&M]
And this one I picked up at Target before I went to H&M.  If you're petite like me, I'd say the H&M version fits better.  The torso and arms of an XS or S at H&M will be shorter than the ones at Target.


[source]
Tights:
I've been looking for some opaque black tights for awhile now.  The ones I have currently are really uncomfortable and even though they claimed to be opaque, they are no where near as opaque as I'd like.  This time I went with a pair with a higher denier (the higher the denier, the more opaque they will be).


[source]
I ended up wearing my black dress, hot pink cardigan, the new shoes, and the black tights.  It was such a busy night that I didn't even have time to take pictures.  Maybe I'll wear the outfit to work some time soon.  It was really cute when it all came together.

2 comments:

  1. Nice haul. I love cardigans, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too! I just bought several more this weekend too because most of my old ones were worn out or didn't fit well and needed replaced.

      Delete