Monday, October 14, 2013

OOTW


I feel like I keep saying this over and over but last week was another super busy week!  I feel like I just went and went like the Energizer bunny this past week and didn't slow down until Sunday.  And sadly, I know this week coming will be more of the same.


Monday:
This day I had to go get bloodwork done before work.  I still got there on time, but that's an hour later than I would normally arrive.  It threw me off for the entire rest of the day.  I'm a creature of habit and I hate it when my schedule is disrupted.

- pink plaid button down from Kohl's
- olive cropped pants from J.C. Penney
- brown knot flats from Rack Room Shoes









Tuesday:
This day was the only day out of the week that I didn't have a conference or meeting scheduled so I decided to use one of my jeans coupons.  (At my school, if you do extra things for the school without getting paid for it, you can earn a jeans coupon.  I have tons!)  Since I have so many (probably at least a dozen) and I never use them, I decided it was time to start cashing in now that the weather is cooling down slightly.  I was glad I did because this day turned out to be chilly and rainy.

- green plaid button down thrifted from Goodwill, Aeropostale brand
- dark wash bootcut jeans from Loft Outlet
- honey bow flats from Bass Outlet




Wednesday:
It was still rainy on Wednesday morning so I threw  on this cardigan at the last minute, since I don't have a fall/spring weight jacket.  I was glad I did because I ended up wearing it all day.  This was the coolest day since winter.  I don't think it even got into the eighties this day.  Total fall weather for Florida.

- white 3/4 length dress shirt from Kohl's
- gray cardigan from Target
- black trousers from Bealls Outlet
- red necklace from Bealls Outlet
- red bow flats from Bass Outlet






Thursday:
This outfit looked so much better in my head than it did in reality but by the time I was dressed, it was too late to change.  This scarf was just too big and fluffy to wear with a collared blazer.  Noted for next time.  At least it was finally cool enough for tights.

- scarf from Amazon.com
- little black dress from Banana Republic Outlet
- khaki blazer thrifted from Goodwill, Talbot's brand
- black tights
- black bow flats from Bass Outlet






Friday:
Today the high school that my students will attend had their annual homecoming parade.  The parade passes by our school so we all go outside and watch the parade.  It's a fun day.  So all of the teachers and kids were asked to wear royal blue and white, the high school's colors.  I had actually put both this cardigan and this button down shirt into the Goodwill bag but I hadn't made the trip to drop if off yet.  I don't have anything else royal blue so I popped them both in the dryer to remove the wrinkles and they got to make one last appearance.  I might actually keep the cardigan, at least until I find something else in royal blue to replace it but the white shirt has already been washed and placed back in the Goodwill bag.  It just does not fit me right at all and is extremely uncomfortable because of it.  It's too long, too wide, and even the armpits don't fit right.  I bought it at Walmart for just a few bucks and it's not petite size so on my short little four foot eleven frame, it's just all sorts of wrong.  I actually like the cardigan a lot but it has this lace detailing along the edge and there's a little hole in the lace.  My hair covered it in these pictures but I'm on the lookout for a replacement now.

- white button down shirt from Walmart
- royal blue cardigan from Target
- brown bead necklace from Walmart
- medium wash bootcut jeans from Loft Outlet
- brown belt from Bealls Outlet
- brown knot flats from Rack Room Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment