Saturday, October 5, 2013

OOTW


More outfits of the week!  Another busy one.  Five days of work, all of which I worked at least 1-2 extra hours or more.  Plus a dentist appointment and orthodontist adjustment after work on Thursday and grocery shopping and errands on Friday.  I went to bed last night at 10 PM and woke up at 10AM this morning.  I never sleep in that late, even in the summer when I'm off!  Work lately is just catching up with me.  Too many hours and not enough rest.
Monday:
- pink and white striped button down, thrifted from Goodwill, NY&Co brand
- brown bead necklace from Walmart
- brown textured trousers from Kohl's
- honey bow flats from Bass Outlet

These pants are in desperate need of alteration.  They fit well through the hips but they are so big in the waist that they are constantly sagging down.  One of my goals for this weekend is to alter several clothing pieces I have that need some tailoring.






Tuesday:
- blue plaid button down, thrifted from Goodwill, American Eagle Outfitters brand
- orange statement necklace from Bealls Outlet
- brown wide stretch belt from Charlotte Russe
- orange pencil skirt from Target
- brown knot flats from Rack Room Shoes

Ever since I saw Heidi wearing a blue top and orange necklace with this same orange skirt, I knew I wanted to recreate her look.  Last weekend when I found this great plaid shirt at Goodwill, I knew that this was the first way I wanted to wear it.  I was not disappointed!  And no one even asked me if I was a Gators fan!






Wednesday:
- peacock 3/4 button down from Kohl's
- peacock multicolored necklace from Target
- khaki skort from Kohl's
- brown knot flats from Rack Room Shoes

I've really gotten into a work wardrobe formula lately.  I guess some people might think it's boring but with as busy as I've been lately, it helps me get out the door quickly without too much thinking.  The formula works something like this:

button down + fun necklace + simple bottom + flats = professional teacher with minimal effort

There's just something about cotton blend button downs that is professional and flattering to me.  I'm not a fan of synthetic fabrics at all.  Is anyone else picky like me?


Thursday:
- maroon button down (sleeves rolled up), thrifted from Goodwill, NY&Co brand
- gray faceted teardrop necklace from Ann Taylor Outlet
- gray trousers from Kohl's
- black bow flats from Bass Outlet

This is another pair of trousers that desperately needs the waist taken in.  I have three of these same brand and fit of trousers (same as the ones I wore on Monday).  I guess I didn't need the curvy fit, as the waist is huge on me but they fit everywhere else.  Add them to the list of pants to alter!




Friday:
- 3/4 scoop neck tee from Steinmart
- purple utility vest from Papaya Outlet
- green statement necklace from Bealls Outlet
- straight leg jeans from Walmart, rolled up
- black bow flats from Bass Outlet

I haven't worn this purple vest in ages and I have forgotten how much I love it.  It's really lightweight so it's not too hot for Florida.  The length is good on my short body and the saturated color works on my skin tone.  Also, all those pockets come in handy!
     Also, hubby took these pics after I finally got home from work and I guess Miss Isabella had missed me while I was gone all day because she kept walking in front of the camera and rubbing against my legs.  I figured rather than chase my loving kitty away, I might as well embrace her snuggles.  She's a cute accessory to any outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment