Saturday, September 14, 2013

Outfits of the Week


Monday:
- chambray camp shirt from Walmart
- white casual blazer from Bealls Outlet
- leopard print belt from Walmart
- olive cropped pants from J.C. Penney
- taupe bow wedges from Payless

Even though this outfit is pretty much all neutrals, I loved the way it turned out.  However, the chambray camp shirt is not petite size and it needs shortened and maybe taken it.  The fit isn't great but it's disguised here by tucking it in.  But because it doesn't quite fit right, it's rather uncomfortable so if I'm going to keep it, it definitely needs some alterations.


Tuesday:
- orange plaid shirt from Kohl's
- orange pencil skirt from Target
- cognac belt from Amazon.com
- honey bow flats from Bass Outlet

I love this orange pencil skirt.  It's great with bright fun colors for summer or spring and would also work with browns or blacks for fall and winter.  Versatility, friends!  I love it.






Wednesday:
- white 3/4 dress shirt from Kohl's
- black slacks from Bealls Outlet
- pink teardrop necklace from Target
- pink floral flats from Rue21

I actually didn't plan on wearing this outfit.  I was going to wear a skirt but then I was too tired to shave my legs so I had to throw together an outfit with pants at the last minute.  I decided to go with simple basics (white shirt, black pants) and add some style and fun with coordinating accessories.




Thursday:
- pink plaid shirt from Kohl's
- brown skinny belt from Kohl's (came free with a skirt)
- khaki skort from Kohl's
- brown knot flats from Rack Room Shoes

I just realized almost this entire outfit came from Kohl's.  I love me some Kohl's.  They have a great selection of petites and they always have rocking sales and clearance.

I guess I was feeling plaid shirts with solid skirts and coordinating belt/shoes this week.  It was a formula that worked out I guess.  Do you have any go to formulas for outfits?


Friday:
- math team T-shirt, courtesy of the school I work at
- straight leg jeans from Walmart, rolled up
- silver sparkle T-strap sandals from Target

For the past few weeks, my students have been learning about two and three dimensional shapes in math class.  On Friday, they took the geometry test so I thought this geometry-themed T-shirt I had from coaching math team last year would be a fun choice that went with the test.  None of the kiddos noticed, but it made me smile as I passed the tests out.

I'm really wishing that fall would come to Florida but it doesn't look like it will be getting cool here anytime soon.  So I guess I'll still be wearing my sandals, skirts, and cropped pants while everyone else is rocking boots and scarves.  *Sigh* Times like this make me really miss living in Pennsylvania.  While everyone else is drinking their pumpkin spice lattes, I'll be sweating and drinking pumpkin spice frappuccinos.  Latte or frap, pumpkin coffee is still delicious to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment