Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Shopping My Closet: Part 2

As I mentioned in part 1 of this series, I've been trying to make new outfits out of the clothes I already have.  In the first post, I focused on recreating ideas that were inspired by Pinterest.  In this post, I focused on using pieces that I haven't worn that much and finding new ways to style them.

The first piece I wanted to try styling is this subtle polka dot blouse.  I love this shirt but I've only worn it two or three times.  And I think I've only worn this belt once or twice too so it made sense to put them together.  I love this look!


white polka dot blouse-Sears, black cardigan-Target, red belt-Body Central Outlet, gray trousers-Kohl's, red flats-Bass Outlet

The next piece I focused on is this brown skirt that I made but have not worn once yet.  I paired it with one of my favorite shirts and an easy outfit was born!  This breezy skirt will be nice and cool during hot summer days at recess with my students.


plaid shirt-Kohl's, belt-Amazon.com, skirt-made by me, flats-Bass Outlet
Next, I focused on my black jeggings.  I think I've maybe worn these at the most four times.  I never really thought I could pull off skinny leg pants but after checking out lots of style blogs, and seeing them on me, I actually think they look cute.  The first outfit was inspired by this pin.


chambray top-Kohl's, faux pearls-Body Central Outlet, black jeggings-Walmart, leopard flats-Target
And the next outfit also utilizes the same jeggings but with a different style of shirt and a belt.
maroon blouse-Kohl's, leopard belt-Ross, black jeggings-Walmart, sandals-Target
Next, I wanted to find another way to wear some of my favorite skirts.  I absolutely love my Merona Doubleweave Pencil Skirts.  But I've only worn my orange and polka dot ones a few times each because they can be a little harder to style than a neutral skirt.  I found a new way to wear both of them.


polka dot shirt-Loft Outlet, orange skirt-Target, belt-Amazon.com, flats-Bass Outlet
The second pencil skirt look was inspired by this pin from Audrey at Putting Me Together.  I liked the way she combined pink with the polka dot pencil skirt so I decided to give it a try myself.  I wouldn't be able to wear this outfit until it cools off but I'll definitely keep it in mind for the fall.


white collared shirt-Kmart, pink cardigan-Bealls Outlet, belt-Amazon.com, polka dot pencil skirt-Target, flats-Bass Outlet
And the last piece I wanted to style was this striped shirt.  I've only worn it once, mostly because I'm a little wary about wearing a striped shirt without layering something over it to break up the stripes.  Call me silly but horizontal stripes are one of those "style rules" I always think about.  The outfit was inspired by this pin but I'm not crazy about how it looks on me.  Maybe the vest is a little too long?  Or maybe it needs a belt?  I think I might just have a belt obsession.  This outfit is okay, but not one of my favorites.


striped tee-Banana Republic Outlet, vest-JC Penney, navy skirt-made by me, taupe wedges-Payless
Don't forget to stick around for Shopping My Closet: Part 3!  I'll be showing you some ways to style dresses, including seven different ways I styled my little black dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment