Friday, July 5, 2013
Shopping My Stash: Not So Favorite
I often find that when it comes to my makeup, I end up using a lot of the same products over and over. Usually these are my favorites: favorite powder, favorite undereye concealer, favorite mascara and so on. The only problem is that I always have lots of not-so-favorite products hanging around too that never get any love. So lately I've pulled out some items that I've had for awhile but haven't used much because they just aren't my favorites. I'm going to make more of an effort to use what I have before I buy any replacements.
Pictured above we have:
1. Physician's Formula Talc Free Mineral Wear Powder - This was a Christmas gift a few years ago from my hubby. The powder isn't bad. It's just the stupid gimmicky packaging. It's one of those powders that has a built in brush so you can just sweep it right on your face... except the brush is awful and scratchy and doesn't allow product to distribute well. I finally figured I would just unscrew the top and use my own brush. No problems now!
2. Benefit Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer - I actually quite like this concealer for under the eyes. I'm not sure why I stopped using it but I've been rather enjoying it lately.
3. N.Y.C. Blushable Creme Stick in Plaza Pink - I've had this cream blush stick (and several other shades) for ages now. When I first got it, I used it all the time but I just kind of forgot about it. It lasts really well in the summer heat and gives you a natural glowy flush. This color is really nice too.
4. Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara - This used to be a favorite but was replaced by Wet N Wild Mega Plump mascara. I still have this tube and probably should use it up before it dries up. It's still a great mascara, I just prefer Mega Plump.
5. e.l.f. Studio Eyeshadow Single in Pebble - This eyeshadow is a great shade - natural but just a bit darker than my skin so it gives a good contrast. I used to really like it but it was replaced by NYX in True Taupe because NYX is a complete matte and a better formula than Pebble. Pebble actually has a bit of shimmer to it and while I love the color, for some reason it tends to crease on me, no matter what primer I use.
6. Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel Cream Liner for Brown Eyes (brown shade) - The brown shade actually doesn't have shimmer in it, which I like. It's a nice creamy brown shade that defines without looking too harsh on my fair skin. It lasts really well on the eyes and after over a year, it still hasn't dried up.