Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Shopping My Stash: Hair

After I wrote last week's Shopping My Stash post, I got to thinking about just how many hair products I have stocked up that are also perfectly fine products, but just not my very favorite.  So I decided to shop my stash of hair products as well and try to use up some of the ones I have hanging around under my bathroom sink.  I have way more than just these, but I figured this would be plenty to start with and if I start finishing off these items, I can always choose other ones to replace them.

From left to right:
1. Garnier Fructis Style Full Control Hairspray - This hairspray is okay, but it doesn't hold up to the Florida humidity as well as my Tresemme Tres Two does.
2. Tresemme Thermal Creations Volume Boosting Mousse - Again, I like this mousse but it doesn't give the same kind of volume that my current favorite product does.
3. Aussie Hair Insurance Spray On Leave-In Conditioner - This bottle is almost completely full.  I forgot I even had it.  I prefer cream leave-in conditioner just because I feel like it hydrates more but this one works just fine as well.
4. Redken Hot Sets 22 - I used to use this product a lot when I used to curl my hair a lot.  Over the past year, I've just gotten really lazy and I don't curl my hair that much.  It's a great heat protectant and also helps to hold your hot set style.  Since getting my hair cut a few weeks ago, it's sort of at that awkward in between stage where it isn't really long but isn't really short and doesn't want to cooperate at all.  The top lays under but the bottom flips up, no matter what I do to it.  It's kind of annoying me so I thought since this product both protects and holds a style, maybe it would help my hair to behave.  Right now, my plan is to let my hair grow out past the annoying stage but there is always that temptation for the quick fix of hacking it to a shorter, better behaved length.

2 comments:

  1. I recently went through my stash and got rid of a bunch of products. I've learned that the more natural the product the more my hair "behaves" well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I hear that! After using the Hot Sets again, my husband said to me, "What is that awful smell? Is that your hair? Yuck!" XD It just smells like chemicals and the smell doesn't fade until you wash it. Don't think I'll be using that one after all.

      Delete