Friday, June 14, 2013

Skirts & What's Under Them


First thing: What's under my skirts
I forgot to share something yesterday in my haul post.  I also purchased two pairs of bike shorts at Body Central.  They were $4.90 and I wear them exclusively under my skirts if I am not wearing tights.  I already have two pairs of these kinds of shorts that are knee length but those ones are just a little too long for some of my skirts so I needed some pairs that were a little shorter.  The pairs above come to about fingertip length on me.  They are just enough to prevent the chub rub of my thighs rubbing together in skirts.  The fabric is thin and really comfortable.  I definitely recommend them for under skirts.



Second thing: Summer skirts
It was hot yesterday (high of 95*F here) and I was glad for my favorite casual summer skirt. I made this skirt myself a few months ago.  I love the fun fabric and it is really easy to pair with a simple tee and flip flops for a cute and casual summer outfit.  I apologize for the crummy quality of my selfie photo but I wanted a quick documentation of an easy outfit I threw together yesterday to do a bit of shopping in the heat.  One of the things I bought while I was out and about yesterday were two fun summery fabrics from Hobby Lobby.  I love the skirt above so much that I wanted to make a few more really fun ones too.  Unfortunately, I calculated the yellow fabric wrong and it turned out too small so I'll have to pick up more fabric and try again.  The pink one turned out perfectly though!  I plan to wear it and my new hat to the Farmer's Market tomorrow!



4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of wearing biking shorts under skirts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually learned that from my students! They told me you should wear shorts underneath your skirts and dresses so boys can't look at your underwear! Kids are so funny.

      Delete
  2. Great casual outfit! The hat is so cute on you.
    Those bike shorts are the perfect length - I've been looking for a few pairs to wear to work with skirts and they're all either knee length or too short. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've had the same trouble with those shorts until I found these ones at Body Shop/Body Central.

      Delete