Saturday, June 8, 2013

Bittersweet & Summer Goals

My classroom, all shut down for the summer.
Bittersweet
Thursday was officially the last day of the school year for this teacher.  I always find that last day to be a little bittersweet.  I look forward to sleeping in past five in the morning and having less of a set schedule and more free time.  But at the same time, I love my job.  I enjoy being in my classroom, spending time with the kids, and I work with great people who are super fun to be around.  Looking at my packed up, empty classroom makes me a little sad.  I won't be allowed back until after the last week of June, when it will be deep cleaned.  Until then, I'm relinquished to home.


Cricut-made decorations for my data bulletin board next year!
Summer Goals
In my time off, besides attending several teacher workshops sprinkled throughout my summer, I plan on spending lots of time with my Cricut!  There are so many cute things I want to make for my classroom!  I actually already started making things and I can't wait to hang them up and see how they look when they are in their proper place.

I also plan on working on revamping and improving my lesson plans to align with the Common Core State Standards as my county shifts toward them.  I definitely need to make some new anchor charts that align with some new things I'll be teaching.

I'm looking forward to reading as many as possible of the Sunshine State Young Readers Awards (SSYRA) books for grades 3-5.  I like to have ideas for books to recommend that my students read.  My school bought each teacher in grades 3-5 a set of these books so I brought them home to read.  I love to read and these are quick and easy books for me.

And of course, I plan to spend some time off just relaxing and doing whatever I feel like that day!  Paint my nails, do some shopping, have lunch with friends and all the other things I never feel like I have time to do during the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment