Thursday, June 13, 2013

Accessory Shopping

Sorry I've been missing in action the past couple of days but I had a workshop for my job about an hour away from my house, which made for long days in the first place.  Then yesterday after the workshop, I went out shopping with a friend and got home after eight.  But I had a blast!  I didn't buy all of this yesterday, but I've been doing a bit of shopping over the last week and figured it would all work together as one post.

Like most ladies, one of my favorite things to shop for are accessories!  There's little to no trying on and one item can totally change the feel of an outfit.  I've been on the hunt for a few accessories lately, including a bright colored purse, a summer hat, and some fun sandals.  Here's what I ended up with.

The first thing I bought was a bright orange bag from Vanity Fair Outlet.  I needed a bag that was large and had at least one separate pocket on the outside for my phone.  However, the strap is way longer than what I wanted so I may try to find something to replace it with that is shorter.

Next, I went on the hunt for some fun sandals or flip flops.  I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted but I knew I wanted something in a fun color.  I found these bright pink flip flops for $6.99 at Rue 21 and they were having a buy one pair get the second for $1.00 sale so I decided to go for the blue as well.  They are definitely not the sort of thing that will last more than this season but they will be super fun for one summer at least.



And lastly, I was looking for a perfect summer hat.  I have been looking for a fedora for a few years now.  I often have a hard time finding hats that fit me because I have an unusually small head.  No, seriously.  I guess because I'm such a small adult at under five feet tall, that about eighty percent of hats I try on actually cover my eyes.  It's kind of embarrassing but I was determined over the last few weeks to find a fedora that I could throw on in the morning on days when I don't feel like washing or styling my hair in the summer.  After trying on probably about thirty different hats, I finally found two that fit at least decently.

The first one I found was on clearance at Body Central Outlet.  To be honest, I mostly bought it because it was on clearance and I wanted a low cost one to try out the shape and see if I felt stupid in it.  Turned out I liked it!  This one is white with a bright pink paisley band and was only about $6.99.


And here's a picture of me trying this snazzy fedora on!  I like it but I was feeling a little too 1920s Panamanian gangster.  I was really looking for something that was straw colored and very lightweight.  I've been obsessed with these ones I found on Pinterest.  One|Two|Three|Four


So finally I found pretty much exactly what I wanted... straw colored fedora with a black band and with an added bow in the back for cuteness!  This hat was $9.99 at Charlotte Russe.


And again, here it is on me!


I am so excited to wear my hat this weekend!  The hubs and I are planning on going to our local Farmer's Market on Saturday but if you want to get the good stuff, you have to get there by 8:30 when they open.  So I'll be up and ready pretty early on Saturday which means minimal makeup and no fussing with my hair.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I haven't ruled it out but I don't have any plans to right now.

      Delete