Monday, June 10, 2013

A New Vest


I absolutely love my purple vest.  It's so easy to just throw it on with a shirt and jeans and look put together.  It's becoming a casual/weekend wardrobe staple for me, as I probably wear it at least once a week.  It's easy to wear with shorts, capris, jeans, and even the right skirt or dress.  I decided after wearing this same vest over a dozen times that maybe it was time to get a new vest in a neutral color.

I had already tried on this one, this one, and this one.  I looked at this one, this one and this one.  There was some flaw in every one.  Either it didn't cinch at the waist and I ended up losing my shape or it just wasn't the right length.  Each of those six had some deal breaking flaw to me.  Finally, I decided on the one below.

[source]
I purchased this one from the junior's department of JCPenney.  I loved the color and the way it fit, especially the cinching at the waist.  This vest was originally $40 but I got it on sale for $24.99.  The only thing I didn't like was the fake jewels at the lapel.  To me, it just made the vest look too young for me and a little tacky.  But after inspecting the jewels, I saw that they were attached with some thread that could easily be cut and also hot glue.  A quick search on my smart phone assured me that it was possible to remove the hot glue fairly easily.  Since the fit and shape was so much better than any other vest I looked at, I decided to get it.

I think the after is pretty good, although I still see some spots of hot glue.  I've tried freezing it off, melting it off with a hot iron, and removing it with isopropyl alchohol.  I still personally think it looks better than the jewels but I'm going to see if there are any other ways to remove hot glue.  If all else fails, I could always put on some decorations that are more age appropriate for me, like this or this.  Or just wear my hair down and it will probably cover it!  :-P


No comments:

Post a Comment