Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Little Shopping

This week has been pretty slow at our house.  Lots of trolling around on Pinterest and what I called being happily bored.  One of the things we like to do when we are bored is to do some window shopping... which always turns into us buying things.  I did pretty well this week, just picking up one thing for my classroom and a few items of clothing that are filling some gaps in my wardrobe.

I noticed a while back that I was really in need of plain black and white tops.  Black and white are great because they go with everything.  You can wear them with just jeans and a few accessories and you have an outfit.  Or you can pair them with any colored or patterned skirt.  I did a good job a few months ago of finding plain white tops but I was struggling to find black.  This week I went on  a mission to fill my black shirt gap.  Mission accomplished!

[source]
I found this Croft and Barrow Paisley Burnout Button Tab shirt at Kohl's on sale.  I absolutely love shirts with roll tab sleeves.  It makes them more versatile because you can wear the sleeves unrolled when it's cooler out and roll them up when the weather heats up.  And this one has a fun subtle paisley print that's fun without being loud.

This black boatneck T-shirt is from Marshall's.  It was exactly what I was looking for.  It's a fitted T-shirt that has some fun details in the white piping and buttons around the collar.  I love that while this shirt is fitted, it isn't skin tight.  The neckline is high and the length of the sleeves and shirt make me feel like it's still a little relaxed.  I plan to take both of these black shirts with me to Pittsburgh next week.  (FYI, I'm currently working on a pretty elaborate post on how I have used the Go Chic or Go Home Website to help me plan what to pack for our week long trip.)

The whole reason we went to Marshall's was because of this pin.  What a cute way to store clickers and other classroom supplies!  I'm hoping to use mine to store my student response remotes.  I'm not sure if it will be big enough for my remotes.  If not, I'm sure I can find tons of other ways to use this cute double sided jewelry organizer.  It has sixthy-six pockets, thirty-three on each side.  For only $9.99, I'm willing to risk it.  If they don't fit, it might just have to stay at my house.


And last of all, I bought this pretty blue necklace at Charlotte Russe.  I wanted something to match the blue flip flops I bought here.  The necklace isn't a perfect match but I still like it anyway and it was only $6.00 so I'll keep it anyway.  It looks great with the black shirts I bought!

[source]

No comments:

Post a Comment