Thursday, May 23, 2013

Green Smoothie



My husband and I have been trying to find fun and interesting ways to incorporate more vegetables and fruits into our daily meals.  Today, we tried our first green smoothie.  I have to say, it was delicious!!  Seriously, I felt like I was drinking a sneaky dessert.  This was yummy, cold, and a little sweet.  Recipe is below!

- 1 frozen, precut banana
- 4-5 large frozen, precut strawberries
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- baby spinach (I added it in last and filled the blender to the brim.)

Blend on low speed until green and well blended.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I love green smoothies. I start my day with one every morning!

    Have you tried adding kale and other greens to your smoothies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tried kale in some juices last week but I think the kale we bought may have been too wet in the bag. It smelled rotten and tasted awful. I think it might take a while to get that flavor and smell out of my memory! But I LOVE baby spinach, even on its own.

      Delete