Sunday, May 5, 2013

Fashion Adventure: Staying Dry Outfit


Crazy weekend!  It's been raining nonstop since Thursday morning and if you saw my Facebook post last night, it was some severe weather here!  Floods, trees down, tornadoes forming.  I wore this outfit on Friday to work so I would stay dry and warm and on Saturday, I wore the same thing but with a white T-shirt underneath when we went to get new tires on Brian's car.  (P.S.: This outfit is totally inspired by Leonard from The Big Bang Theory!)

The Pieces:
1. black tank top from Target
2. petite white zip up hoodie from Kohl's
3. purple utility vest from Body Central Outlet
4. petite medium wash bootcut jeans from Loft Outlet
5. black bow flats from Bass Outlet

Likes:
1. Dry!  With the hood for my head and the pleather of the shoes, my feet and hair were dry all day.  These shoes actually do an amazing job of keeping water out, unlike tennis shoes would.
2. Comfort.  All the pieces again fit well so they are comfortable and warm enough for the frigid rain that seemed like it would never stop coming down.
3. Flattering.  The tie in the waist of the vest keeps all these layers from looking too bulky on me.

Dislikes:
1. I wasn't too terribly crazy about the black tank top with this.  It just seemed too close to the color of the vest.  Maybe gray would have been better.  On Saturday, I wore this same thing with a white T-shirt and I liked that better.

2 comments:

  1. Cute and practical! I really like that utility vest. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's becoming one of my favorite pieces!

      Delete