Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Fashion Adventure: Work and Chores


Today was a little better than yesterday.  I went to bed early last night and felt a lot less tired today but I'm definitely planning on doing the same tonight.  Life and age are catching up with me these days.  I'm pretty sure the only things I do anymore are work and take care of household chores like laundry, cleaning, ironing and making breakfasts and lunches.  Even weekends are only slightly less busy and I am totally ready for a break from it all.


The Pieces:
1. petite maroon chiffon henley from Kohl's
2. khaki pencil skirt from Target
3. black square bow belt from Amazon.com
4. leopard print flats from Target
5. sheer nylons



Likes:
1. This same combination worked so well last week that I thought I would give the formula another try with similar but different colored pieces.  I liked last week's better, but the flattering fit of this outfit is the same.
2. Somehow the shoes really became the center of attention in this outfit.  I've worn these shoes to work plenty of times already but I got a ton of compliments on them today.  I think they just really worked well in this outfit.
3. I think this belt is so cute!  I don't know why, but I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to wear it and now I never want to take it off!


Dislikes:
While I didn't dislike this outfit or anything in particular about it, I still liked the version I wore last week more.  Maybe because the floral was more spring-like than maroon?  Maybe I'd like this outfit more in the fall.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you about feeling tired and age getting to us. Sometimes I feel like there is something wrong with me and I should see a doc about my low energy levels but I think it must be normal since everyone says they need several cups of coffee to get through the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that! I've been going to bed way early this week and that has helped but then I feel like all I do is work and sleep. There's no winning in the life of an adult!

      Delete