Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Fashion Adventure: Shifty Skirt

I started out wearing the outfit on the left today and quickly realized it was not going to work.  The last time I wore this denim pencil skirt was here, back in January.  Now I remember why I hadn't worn it since then.  It's probably about two sizes too big.  Even with the belt through the belt loops, the skirt was still shifting around all over the place.  This meant it kept riding up too high, making the skirt too short, as well as bunching up my tucked in shirt.  As I've said many times lately, clothes that fit are comfortable and this too big skirt was not exactly cozy.  I needed a wardrobe change but I don't deal well with last minute decisions.  Remember the last time I had to change my outfit at the last minute before work?  I didn't have time for that this morning but that's when I realized that it's easy to throw together an outfit when all of your clothes fit well!  All I did was change from the skirt to a pair of pants and I was on my way.  The shirt and necklace are the same in both pictures.  It was still too dark in my bedroom in the skirt photo so the colors are not accurate.

The Pieces:
1. petite 3/4 bracken fern button down from Banana Republic Outlet
2. beige faceted necklace from Body Central Outlet
3. petite brown textured trousers from Kohl's
4. honey bow flats from Bass Outlet


Likes:
1. As I mentioned, the fit of the pants is flattering and comfortable.
2. The shirt fits very well too and is comfortable.
3. I like the colors together.  The shades of brown tones compliment each other well.

Dislikes:
1. This outfit was fine but I didn't love it.  I think there's just something about the color of this shirt that doesn't really appeal to me or flatter my skin that well.

2 comments:

  1. I like the colour combination of the shirt and pants. I have a similar shirt and have a hard time figuring out what colour pants to wear other than black but that feels too dark. I'm going to try something similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And oddly enough, I've never thought to wear mine with black. Trading ideas!

      Delete