Thursday, April 18, 2013

Fashion Adventure: No Pockets

When I first bought this skirt, I loved it.  Then I wore it once and decided it wasn't so great because it had no pockets for me to hook my insulin pump on.  I decided I needed to either wear it or sell it but then when I put it on this morning, I realized I could just hook my insulin pump on the waistband!  Duh!  So I will be keeping this skirt, which I'm pretty thrilled about because it is such a cute and flattering shape! 


The Pieces:
1. petite white 3/4 length dress shirt from Kohl's
2. black beaded necklace from Walmart
3. petite pleated polka dot A-line skirt from Loft Outlet
4. Leggs Silken Mist Silky Sheer Leg Control Top Nylons
5. Black bow flats from Bass Outlet


Likes:
1. Skirt: cute, flattering, comfortable.  Need I say more?
2. Shirt: flattering shape and actually stayed tucked into the skirt all day!
3. Nylons: even though these were cheap, they are actually really comfortable!  I usually hate wearing sheer tights because the waistband is always too tight and they snag and get ruined so fast but these are a step up.  We'll see how I feel after a few more wears.


Dislikes:
1. The buttons at the bottom of this shirt's sleeves just felt too tight to me so I left it unbuttoned.  I didn't realize until seeing the pictures that it looks a little off like that.
2. I still would rather have a skirt with pockets.  I felt a little naked with no pockets today.

2 comments: