Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fashion Adventure: Love It or Hate It

When planning this outfit, I knew it was going to be one of those outfits where I either love it or hate it.  Luckily I ended up loving it!  I was a little nervous about wearing this chiffon shirt to work because chiffon is shear and the shirt has a slightly low V neck but paired with a higher tank top, it was cool enough for the heat here and still modest enough for my job as a teacher.


The Pieces:
1. petite chiffon splatter floral henley from Kohl's
2. black pencil skirt from Target
3. black and gold pleather elastic belt from Papaya
4. sheer nude nylons from Publix (grocery store)
5. black bow flats from Bass Outlet


Likes:
1. I feel like this outfit is flattering.  The slightly fuller top balances out the pencil skirt and the belt keeps my figure from getting lost in the fabric of this shirt.  The belt also helps keep the shirt tucked in.
2. It was around 85 degrees here in North Florida today so I was nice and cool in this chiffon shirt and a skirt.


Dislikes:
1. This belt was a bad choice with this outfit.  It looks great, but the clasp is not the sturdiest and since I didn't wear it at the smallest part of me, it kept popping off.  I literally bent over to pick something up in my classroom and it popped off.  Awkward!  Next time I'll try wearing it at my waist but if it still pops off, I'll be giving it away.  I have other belts that don't threaten to jump off every time I move.

No comments:

Post a Comment