Saturday, March 16, 2013

Some Random Fun Stuff

I have some random fun stuff to share today!  In no particular order...

1. I'm out of my beloved Wet N Wild Clinical Mascara so when I was at Winn Dixie yesterday I checked to see if they had it in stock.  They didn't, but I saw that Wet N Wild has repackaged their mascaras into fun new brightly colored tubes!  I desperately needed some mascara so I picked one up to try.  It seems that they are the same formulas as before, just with prettier tubes.  I got the Mega Protein formula but after trying it this morning for the first time, I'm disappointed in my buy.  It's a wet formula, which I don't like.  Also, the brush is one of the ones with spiral rows of bristles, which tend to make my lashes stick together into rows.  So I'm not happy with my buy, just because it isn't a good fit for me.  I'll be keeping an eye out for my Clinical Mascara to replace this one ASAP!



2. Remember how I said on Thursday that I was super busy?  I didn't get great outfit pictures because we were running late but here are some pictures of my hubby and me before his Teacher of the Year ceremony!  I think this might be his first appearance on the blog!  (He's shy!)


3. I've mentioned before (here, here, and here) that I know a thing or two about sewing (but not much more).  I've really been wanting some A-line skirts for spring and summer but it's really hard to find anything that I like, that fits me well and has all the features I want, like pockets.  So I decided to make some myself!  It's really inexpensive since all I needed for each skirt was one yard of fabric ($3-$7) and one yard of elastic (under $2).  So I scoured the Internet for patterns or tutorials.  No one pattern had everything I wanted, so I used four tutorials to create my own mutant skirt!  The one shown below wasn't completely finished, but I still think it looks great!  I can't wait to make some more in lots of colors and patterns.
And here are the links to the tutorials I used to help design my skirt:

One | Two | Three | Four

So that's pretty much what I've been up to the past few days!  I have my Spring Break coming up March 23rd - April 1st so I'm looking forward to making some more skirts and having some time to relax!

2 comments: