Friday, March 8, 2013

Fashion Adventure: Thrift Store Score

This pink shirt was a total thrift store score. I found it last week at Goodwill for only $4! It looked to be brand new and the tags are from Banana Republic. I'll definitely be heading back to that Goodwill soon to see if they have anything else. Do you shop thrift stores? I know it's sort of a love it or hate it thing but I've always loved stores like Salvation Army and Goodwill. Sometimes you find nothing but often times you can find great priced gems just hiding on the rack if you dig deep enough.


The Pieces:
1. Fuchsia ruffle blouse from Goodwill (Banana Republic tags)
2. Black cuff blazer from Papaya (The cuffs are rolled down in these photos. It was chilly this morning.)
3. Teal belt from Target
4. Long teal bead necklace (don't remember where it's from)
5. Petite curvy fit tan trousers from Kohl's
6. Black bow flats from Bass Outlet



Likes:
1. I love the color combination of the fuchsia and teal. It's a bit unexpected but super fun and I think it works well together. That's another combination that Go Chic Or Go Home helped me to see. It's so much easier for me to pick out outfits when I can see everything I own at once.
2. Even though this blouse is not a petite size, it still fits me pretty well. It was an extra small so I guess that made it cut a little different. The only real issue with it is that the fit is a bit tight in the hips but it's not noticeable if it's layered under something else or tucked in, which is how I would wear a top like this to work.
3. I love the way this outfit makes me look professional but still fun! Today was class picture day and that is exactly how I want my students to remember me.



Dislikes:
1. I guess I should have ironed the cuffs of this blazer before I wore them rolled down so they didn't look so goofy but it was an afterthought this morning when I got cold. I didn't actually even know that you could uncuff them!  You can't really tell in the photos, but in real life there are some creases in the sleeves from where they were cuffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment