Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Fashion Adventure: Skirt Lust


Okay, I'll be honest... I've been lusting after this skirt for almost a month now, ever since I saw it on Target.com. I almost bought it like four times but kept rationalizing that I could make the same thing for a fraction of the cost. But try as I might, I just couldn't get my pattern quite right without the exact replica to copy so I finally bucked up and bought the skirt. I'm so glad I did! I love it and now that I've taken a careful look at the construction, I'm pretty sure I can easily make my own, which is exciting because I would not at all mind having this skirt in every color and pattern under the sun!



The Pieces:
1. White 3/4 length cardigan from Target
2. Yellow statement necklace from Charlotte Russe
3. Brown wrap heart watch from Rue 21
4. Brown twist belt from Body Central
5. Mangrove green skirt from Target
6. Brown opaque tights from Walmart
7. Honey flats from Bass Outlet



Likes:
1. I love how appropriate for spring this outfit is with bright green and yellow! And at nearly eighty degrees here today, it sure felt like spring to me!
2. This skirt is versatile, comfortable, and super cute! It can be dressed up for work or worn more casually for the weekends and summer. It is light and airy and feels just a little girly.
3. The belt worn over the elastic waist of this skirt makes it feel a bit more put together for work.  It also disguises the elastic waist and adds some definition to the waist.



Dislikes:
1. The pockets on this skirt are on the outside. While I love a skirt with pockets even more, it adds a bit of weight to the hip area, something I really don't need any weight added to! The skirts I make will have the pockets on the inside.




No comments:

Post a Comment