Friday, March 15, 2013

Fashion Adventure: Planning Day


For me, today is one of those treasured, precious days in the life of a teacher: planning day! It's less hurried than normal days, you can go out to eat and have more than twenty-five minutes to have lunch and the best part is you can go to the bathroom anytime you need to so you don't have to plan your beverage intake around your schedule. But even on teacher planning day, I still want to look professional, so I stuck with a collared shirt and a blazer during the chilly morning hours.


The Pieces:
1. Petite bracken fern button down shirt from Banana Republic
2. Gray faceted teardrop necklace from Ann Taylor Outlet
3. Petite denim trouser jeans from Loft Outlet
4. Tan blazer from Papaya Outlet
5. Pewter flats from Bass Outlet


Likes:
1. As I said, there is nothing wrong with still looking professional on teacher planning day! Someone even asked if I'm trying to become an administrator. Honestly, I have no ambition to leave the classroom. I love working with the kids too much!
2. I love the fit of this shirt! I think it's rather flattering on my figure.


Dislikes:
1. I'm not really all that crazy about the color of this shirt. It's just a little off in my opinion. Maybe a tad too gray? I would prefer a more emerald or forest green rather than this particular shade.
2. I wore a scoop neck tank top underneath the shirt because it's a little low cut for work (at least at my job, where you're supposed to practically be a nun) and the fact that you could see so much of the white was annoying me all day. After I got home, I changed to a lower tank top and was much happier with the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment