Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Fashion Adventure: Murphy's Law


This was one of those Murphy's Law kind of days where everything that could go wrong, did. I hit the snooze an extra time on accident. Then the original outfit as I planned it didn't really work (see below) so I had to tweak it and I ended up not loving it as much as the original but didn't have time to change again. Then I left my house ten minutes later than usual for work and got stuck behind a semi truck on back roads in the pouring rain. (No worries, I was still 35 minutes early to work, which is why I leave so early.) During class today, a student had a "bathroom accident". And finally, I didn't get home from work until almost five o'clock because I had practice for a club I sponsor after school. I am looking forward to putting Tuesday behind me!

The Original Outfit:
The top was a little too flowy under the blazer.  I should have tried tucking it in!

The Pieces:
1. Petite black chiffon keyhole blouse from Sears (shop exact; it's on clearance!)
2. Faux jade bead necklace (don't remember where it's from)
3. White 3/4 sleeve cardigan from Target (shop exact)
4. Petite gray trousers from Kohl's (shop exact)
5. Black bow ballet flats from Bass Outlet (shop similar)


Likes:
1. I like the color combination in this outfit. Black, gray, and white with a pop of jade was something I threw together at the last minute and ended up liking.


Dislikes:
1. While I like this top, I think it would be much better suited to a dinner date than work. It's a little too low cut for my comfort at work and even with a tank top under it to hide the keyhole, I still felt that it was a little low. I ended up buttoning the top two cardigan buttons to be sure that when I bent over at work, I wasn't giving my students a flash.
2. Also, I feel like because the top is kind of flowy, and has elastic at the bottom, it makes me look bigger than I am. You can tell better in the photo below without the cardigan. I think it would have looked okay with something more fitted on bottom, like a pair of bootcut jeans and heels to balance it out.
3. With a loose top and loose trousers, I just felt kind of big and sloppy all day in this outfit. I didn't hate it or anything, but I definitely won't be repeating this one again with the trousers.
A better look at the black shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment