Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Fashion Adventure: Jeans!

Yesterday afternoon I got one of those exciting e-mails from my boss... the kind with important information they want you to read and which says at the end "if you read this e-mail, you can wear jeans tomorrow". As a teacher, I only get to wear jeans on Fridays, so that was pretty exciting!

Also, my principal does this neat thing where if you go above and beyond your work duties, you can get a coupon redeemable for wearing jeans to work! So I have more than a dozen coupons saved up and I'm finally cashing one in on Thursday so the rest of this week will be jeans for me! Yea!


The Pieces:
1. Petite polka dot chiffon blouse from Sears
2. Bracken fern artist cardigan from Target
3. Black scallop bow belt from Amazon

5. Petite curvy fit medium wash bootcut jeans from Loft Outlet
6. Black bow flats from Bass Outlet




Likes:
1. I finally got around to hemming these jeans so that I could wear them with flats and I am so excited to wear them!  They are a really good fit and are therefore quite comfortable as well.

2. I love how the bow belt makes this outfit really sweet.  I got lots of compliments on the belt and several people asked me where I bought it, so if you like it too, you can order it from Amazon.com here.
3. When I picked out this outfit, I remembered that the last time I wore this shirt  I wished I had worn a belt with it to keep some shape to my figure.  Total win!  It definitely worked out better this time.
4. This cardigan fits me really well and is a great color!  It's a size smaller than what I usually buy so maybe I just need to start buying the correct size!  I've noticed that the few cardigans I've bought in an extra small from Target seem to fit me way better in the length and shoulders than the others that I have.



Dislikes:
1. The color of this cardigan is not really coming off correctly in the photos, as it's less blue, more green and more vibrant in real life.  It's a really pretty color but I'm not sure it's the best for my warm skin tone.  (I added a color accurate photo of the cardigan below for color reference.)



2 comments: