Monday, March 11, 2013

Fashion Adventure: Good Stuff


I absolutely hate Daylight Savings time. I couldn't fall asleep at my normal time last night because my body was convinced it was too early to be in bed. This morning, my body was convinced it was 4:00 AM and too early to get up. Grrrr. So I was exhausted all day, as I'm sure everyone else was.

But at least I looked super cute and I loved this outfit! This black pencil skirt is becoming one of my favorite pieces. (Also worn here.)  I love that it has pockets and it's versatile. You can dress it up with heels or add a patent leather belt and make it a little edgy. In my book, that's just good stuff.



The Pieces:
1. Petite size gray camp shirt from Ann Taylor Outlet
2. Pink teardrop necklace from Target
3. Black pencil skirt from Target
4. Black faux patent leather belt (don't remember where it's from) (shop similar)
5. Opaque black tights from Publix (grocery store, of all places!)
6. Black bow flats from Bass Outlet




Likes:
1. Like I said, adding a belt can totally change the vibe of this outfit. This faux patent leather one adds a little extra sass but one with a bow could make it a little on the sweeter side. (I just ordered this one, this one, and this one from Amazon!  I'll let you know if they are any good.  I'm skeptical since they are so inexpensive but I couldn't pass up the deal and chance to review them for you!)
2. The hot pink necklace adds a pop of fun color to an otherwise neutral outfit and keeps it from feeling boring.
3. I love this skirt! I feel like the addition of pockets makes this very traditional pencil skirt a little more casual. It can be dressed up too but I would feel comfortable wearing it on the weekend or during summer with embellished flip flops and a T-shirt or tank top.
4. I also love this shirt! You can either wear the sleeves uncuffed and longer or cuff and secure them with the buttons. (Uncuffed is shown in photo collage, cuffed in all other images.)  I personally like them cuffed. This is also a great shirt to wear unbuttoned in the front as a layering piece.
5. I think this outfit gives me a great shape. I definitely felt very hour glass-like and slim all day.
6. Lastly, I think the whole outfit comes together to make a pretty chic ensemble. I definitely don't feel like anyone would mistake my 4'11" frame for a child in this outfit!




Dislikes:
1. These opaque tights are not as opaque as I would like (they sheered out a bit around my thighs) but I guess that's what you get for buying tights at the grocery store! Also, they smelled like mothballs but that's nothing a little Fabreeze couldn't fix!

8 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! True opaque tights are so hard to find, so if you find some, make sure to let us know!!!! I like that this outfit is a great "base" for so many different accessories! You could do really bright flowered scarves (saw a neat tutorial on how to "braid" the scarf which is a pretty cool look) or patterned tights... Lots of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of a scarf with this! Great idea and I have so many that would look good! I'm really getting into accessories (like all the belts I ordered), which is something I never thought much about before Fashion Adventure happened.

      Delete
  2. I love this outfit! I have been feeling really inspired by seeing all your posts and want to clear/revamp my wardrobe too!!! I went shopping today and tried to pick good pieces to fit with what I already have. I can't wait to do a purge... I don't like so much of what I have but I feel scared to end up with truly nothing to wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I totally understand not wanting to get rid of too much too soon. I had the same experience when I purged mine. I also found that as I bought new items that I really loved, it became easier to part with the things that weren't so great after they had a better replacement.

      Delete
  3. Also, I miss your makeup posts and videos. Is it just on pause or are you done with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's just a pause. I've been trying not to buy any new makeup lately because I just have sooooo much already. So I've been trying to use what I have but I will soon have some posts talking about what I've been using up and using a lot.

      Delete
  4. You look so great in this outfit- I think it is my favorite! I am no where near a petite but I love this skirt and it looks fantastic on you! I've been loving these "real women" fashion posts lately. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This has definitely been my favorite outfit so far!

      Delete