Saturday, March 23, 2013

Fashion Adventure: Building A Quick Outfit + Shoe Shopping

Today is my first day of Spring Break!  I spent it by running out early this morning to the outlet to do a bit of shoe shopping.  Afterwards, we went to the grocery store and ran some other errands and I've been relaxing on the couch ever since!  I threw on some clothes really quickly this morning just to go over to the outlet mall.  I wanted a pair of dark brown flats for work and play and a pair of brown tone sandals for summer, something I could wear with casual skirts or with shorts.  After scoping out my options in every single shoe store at the outlet, I found exactly what I was looking for in the last store I went in!  (See bottom of post for shoes!)  Below I will show you how I quickly threw together an outfit.


I started out with this striped tee that I bought last week at Banana Republic Outlet.  I paid somewhere around $11 for it.  I'm not usually a fan of horizontal stripes, but this shirt has beckoned me for ages and when it was finally marked down from something like $45, I couldn't resist.  Since stripes are a style I'm not sure about yet, I'm okay with paying $11 and not liking it.  But I actually really like this shirt!  I think it's because it's really good quality and construction.  It's petite size and fits me perfectly.  There is a zipper in the back and contour in the front sides that give it that glove-like fit.  Also, the fabric is cotton with just a hint of stretch and it's thick - much thicker than you would think this shirt is, which gives it a good structure.


Next, I threw on my black cuff blazer.  I'm not a fan of the one button of this blazer (as I mentioned yesterday), but I wanted to see how it looked with a different shirt underneath.  I actually think I like it better with the stripes!


Next, for some color I added a thick red belt I bought for $3.99 at Body Central Outlet.  My neighbor saw me in my outfit yesterday and we critiqued the ensemble together.  She suggested I try it with a belt and I like the way it turned out!  That's why it's always great to get advice from a friend!


With jeans and coordinating red flats, I was ready to shop!  And I scored at Rack Room Shoes Outlet.  Apparently, their shoes are always buy one, get one 50% off, including clearance!  I had never really shopped there before but I was getting desperate after literally going into every other shoe store in the outlet mall, determined not to settle for something that wasn't exactly what I wanted.  And then I found exactly what I wanted for a great price!  The brown flats were on sale for $29.99 and the sandals were on clearance for $23.99 (before the bogo 50%) so my total was around $45.  Not bad for two pairs of shoes!


Dark brown flats
Brown tone sandals in cognac

No comments:

Post a Comment