Thursday, February 14, 2013

Fashion Adventure: What A Day

What a day at work!  I won't go into too much detail because it's long and boring but first thing this morning, the madness started before I even got to my classroom.  I get to work about an hour early every day.  I get there so early that none of our administrators are there yet and normally only three or four other teachers are there.  But as soon as I walked into the door, one of my fellow fifth grade teachers stopped me in the hall to tell me that one of our other fifth grade teachers was in the hospital for an indefinite period of time and we had to come up with some plans for the class.  We decided that the plan would include me going in and teaching that class for part of the day in order to get them caught up to where the rest of the team is.  If anyone reading this is a teacher, you know how something like teaching someone else's class for the first hour and a half of the day can totally ruin your entire day.  The kids were fine but I felt unprepared and stressed out all day and I ended up working about 10 hours today.I snapped these photos with only about one minute left before the kids came this morning so don't mind if they aren't the best!  It was just one of those days.
The Pieces:
1. Pleated tank top blouse in bright teal from Kohl's
2. Black crew neck cardigan from Target
3. Shell pendant necklace (bought for $1 at local flea market, added this chain)
5. Black bow ballet flats from Bass Outlet

Likes:
1. More color!  Again, the saturated blue looks good on fair skin.
2. These trousers have a really neat finish, almost like a sheen.
3. This outfit was as comfortable as sweats but looked way better!  The shirt is fitted enough to look nice but has enough structure and shape to be flattering while not clinging to your skin.  And the satiny finish of the fabric was delightful to wear all day!
Dislikes:
1. This cardigan desperately needs replaced.  I've had it for several years and you can't really tell that well in the photos, but it used to be a much richer shade of black.  Also, there is a small hole in the front center that I patched.  You can't notice it in these photos, but I can't wear it buttoned up anymore because then the hole is too obvious.  When I go to the outlet in Orlando this weekend, I'll be on the hunt for a replacement in a petite size.

2 comments: