Friday, February 8, 2013

Fashion Adventure: Red

I was so excited to wear this outfit today! It took me only about 30 seconds to pick this out and I really loved it and felt great in it all day. I got tons of compliments, from my shoes to the necklace to the entire look and I felt confident wearing it.
The Pieces:
1. Perfect summer tank in red from Target (already owned)
2. Cuff sleeve black blazer from Papaya (new)
3. Owl pendant necklace from a boutique (already owned)
4. Curvy fit petite bootcut jeans from Loft Outlet (new)
5. Red bow ballet flats from Bass Outlet (already owned)


Likes:
1. I love the red accents! I'm not normally a huge fan of red but I've found that I enjoy it in small amounts, like the tank peeking out from under the blazer or in the red shoe.
2. I love this owl necklace and I don't wear it enough. I bought it several years ago at a boutique at the outlet mall. The store was closing for good and the necklace was only $5.

3. I felt put together and chic in this!

Dislikes:
1. The red tank is just too long for my petite torso.  It actually comes down to the top of the inseam of my pants but I rolled it up so it was a better length.  I definitely need to start shopping more in the petites section for tops or to start hemming them too.  Yikes.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit! I love the detail of the owl pendant. And while you might not care for too much red, it seems to really flatter you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Warm tones seem to work well with my skin.

      Delete