1. Black sheath dress from Kohl's (new)
2. Blue crew neck cardigan from Target (already owned)
3. Yellow statement necklace from Charlotte Russe (new)
4. Black and crystal belt from Ross (already owned)
5. Control top nylons in suntan from Walmart (already owned)
6. Black bow ballet flats from Bass Outlet (already owned)
1. Statement necklace! I got a ton of compliments on this necklace today, both from students and coworkers. It has great contrast with the blue cardigan too.
2. The silhouette of this outfit is flattering. The bottom half of the dress sits nicely and doesn't make my hips look big. The belt helps to give the top half some shape.
1. I was so excited to find this dress at Kohl's that I didn't bother to pay attention to the fact that the dress is not really all that flattering on its own. The dress clings in some weird places and makes me look like I have some weird jelly roll stomach thing going on. The top red circle shows where you can see the lump from my insulin pump. The bottom circle shows what this dress does to my stomach when wearing nylons. Not pretty. Hopefully it's something that I can work with by layering other pieces with it but right now, I'm adding it to the shopping lessons learned list.