Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fashion Adventure: Not A Winner



Well, every outfit can't be a winner and I feel like this one is not.  It's not terrible but I think it just falls a little short of what I was hoping for.

The Pieces:
1. Pleated Snakeskin Blouse from Kohl's
2. Camel V-neck cardigan sweater from Kohl's
3. Brown textured trousers from Kohl's
4. Honey bow ballet flats from Bass Outlet
5. Brown tone dangle earrings from Walmart

Likes:
1. With the heavier weight of the textured trousers and the sweater, I was warm all day on this chilly Florida day.
2. I love all the warm and neutral tones of this outfit.  There is just something about brown tones that makes me happy, especially the honey colored shoes!

Dislikes:
1. I feel like this outfit just lacked a little something.  I tried wearing a belt with it but the top is a little too baggy and then it just looked messy.
2. I think the proportions are off on this outfit.  Maybe the blouse would look better with a more fitted bottom (maybe the black cropped pants I'm still on the hunt for) to keep the proportions more balanced.  I think the loose fitting trousers and a loose fitting blouse made me look a little like I'm drowning in clothes that are too big for me.  Never a good look when you're petite.

No comments:

Post a Comment