Saturday, February 2, 2013

Fashion Adventure: Day Date

Brian and I had a busy Saturday scheduled!  We woke up around 7:30 today and Brian made us a nice breakfast and then we were off!  We went shopping (yes, even my husband likes to shop for clothes), ran errands, grabbed some lunch and then headed to downtown Saint Augustine for a fun day date.  It was a gorgeous day here in Florida!  One of those "chilly" Floridian 60 degree sunny days, which is the kind of weather these Yankees love.

I wasn't able to take my usual outfit photos since I wasn't in my classroom at all today but I thought the background of the Castillo de San Marcos would be a fun change!  Our date included getting fudge at Kilwin's followed by a walk around the Castillo de San Marcos.  It was so sunny that some of the lighting didn't turn out great in the pictures, but I think you'll get the idea.  My wonderful hubby took most of these pictures and he did a really great job!

Don't mind my insulin pump in most of the photos.  Obviously if you weren't diabetic, you could forego this not so pretty accessory.
The Pieces:
1. V-neck T-shirt in Burgundy from Target (already owned)
2. Swallow necklace (owned for several years, don't remember where I bought it.  Shop similar here.)
3. Tan blazer with navy accents from Papaya (new)
4. Petite curvy bootcut jeans from Loft Outlet (new)
5. Navy boat shoes from Bass Outlet (already owned)
6. Sunglasses from Columbia (already owned)
Likes:
1. This outfit is a major improvement on my old date day outfits!  No more hoodies and oversized sweaters!  I look casual but put together in a V-neck and a blazer.
2. The necklace really pulls the outfit together.  This great swallow necklace has been hidden with the rest of my jewelry for ages.  I realized that I actually have a ton of great necklaces already that were being bogged down by lots of jewelry that I didn't even wear.  I seriously have not even worn any of my necklaces in probably about a year.  So the other day I decided to purge them just like my closet.  And then that felt so good that I purged my nail polish too.  And then my makeup... and life feels good with things more simplified!  (I donated everything to friends who gave it a good home.)
3. The shoes were perfect for what we did.  We did quite a good bit of shopping today and the Castillo de San Marcos is pretty much all sand so the boat shoes were a better choice than my cute flats because sand couldn't get all in my shoes.  If you look at the picture at the top of the page, you can see how sandy it was!  Plus they are way more sophisticated and attractive than tennis shoes while being every bit as comfortable.
Dislikes:
1. I've had these sunglasses forever and they are really utilitarian, which is important when living in The Sunshine State.  However, they are not very cute at all.  It's probably time to update to a cuter pair.
Some of my tourist photos of the Castillo!

No comments:

Post a Comment