Thursday, February 7, 2013

Fashion Adventure: Cool Tones

I feel like this outfit is very much my style.  Even before the wardrobe melt down, this is similar to what I would have worn.  However, the key details are what take this outfit from my old boring wardrobe to my new loving it wardrobe.  Buttoning up this top, adding a necklace and being sure everything fits really makes this outfit work like my clothes never did before.

The Pieces:
1. Long sleeve crew neck T-shirt from Loft Outlet (already owned)
2. Royal blue V-neck cardigan from Target (already owned)
3. Plastic jade colored bead necklace (already owned, don't remember where I bought it)
4. Worthington modern fit petite black trousers from J.C. Penney (already owned)
5. Ballet flats from Bass Outlet (already owned)

Likes:
1. Normally I'm not a huge fan of the way cool toned items look on me, but the vibrant blue of this cardigan seems to make it work. The colors work together without being matchy-matchy.
2. I love this necklace! It's another piece that I had forgotten all about because it was hidden in my massive tangle of necklaces but now that I know it's there, I plan to try to find more ways to wear it.

3. I would never have thought of wearing a long sleeve shirt under a 3/4 sleeve sweater and rolling the sleeves until I read this article but I loved the way it added some interest to this outfit.  After taking these pictures, I rolled the sleeves one more time and it looked even better with a bit of the blue sleeve overlapping the white cuff.
Dislikes:
1. You probably can't tell, but these pants are a little big on me. They don't look bad if I wear a belt with them but I'd rather just have pants that fit correctly and are more comfortable because they fit and don't have to be strapped down with a belt like these ones do.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute outfit. I love the horizontal stripe going down the center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this outfit! I'm all for the longer sleeved shirt poking out from under the top layer; seems like the shirts underneath don't get much of the spotlight, but with you having that bright white poking out from under the sweater, it really looks fun and almost like a "colorblock"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved the idea from J.Crew to roll the sleeves and it really worked out well.

      Delete