I feel like this outfit is very much my style. Even before the wardrobe melt down, this is similar to what I would have worn. However, the key details are what take this outfit from my old boring wardrobe to my new loving it wardrobe. Buttoning up this top, adding a necklace and being sure everything fits really makes this outfit work like my clothes never did before.
1. Long sleeve crew neck T-shirt from Loft Outlet (already owned)
2. Royal blue V-neck cardigan from Target (already owned)
3. Plastic jade colored bead necklace (already owned, don't remember where I bought it)
4. Worthington modern fit petite black trousers from J.C. Penney (already owned)
5. Ballet flats from Bass Outlet (already owned)
1. Normally I'm not a huge fan of the way cool toned items look on me, but the vibrant blue of this cardigan seems to make it work. The colors work together without being matchy-matchy.
2. I love this necklace! It's another piece that I had forgotten all about because it was hidden in my massive tangle of necklaces but now that I know it's there, I plan to try to find more ways to wear it.
3. I would never have thought of wearing a long sleeve shirt under a 3/4 sleeve sweater and rolling the sleeves until I read this article but I loved the way it added some interest to this outfit. After taking these pictures, I rolled the sleeves one more time and it looked even better with a bit of the blue sleeve overlapping the white cuff.
1. You probably can't tell, but these pants are a little big on me. They don't look bad if I wear a belt with them but I'd rather just have pants that fit correctly and are more comfortable because they fit and don't have to be strapped down with a belt like these ones do.