Monday, February 25, 2013

Fashion Adventure: Contrast

It took me way longer than you might think it would to realize that this purple shirt and yellow necklace would look amazing together!  I've mentioned it a few times lately, but the website Go Chic or Go Home has seriously helped me recently to create outfits using the pieces I have and this outfit is completely courtesy of GCOGH.  Maybe later this week I'll do a detailed post about GCOGH and what exactly you can do with it.  What I'll tell you for now is that one of my favorite features is that you can upload pictures of your own clothes and drag and drop to make outfits.  Then I just save the outfits and instead of standing and staring at my closet, I just look through the outfits I've already created and pick one out.  It has really made picking out my clothes easier and faster.

The Pieces:
1. Eggplant petite pinstripe button down from Ann Taylor Factory
2. Yellow statement necklace from Charlotte Russe
3. Petite curvy fit tan trousers from Kohl's
4. Black bow ballet flats from Bass Outlet


Likes:
1. Both the shirt and pants are petite size so they fit nicely and I don't look like I'm swimming in my clothes!  Before this whole fashion adventure, I truly did not realize just how poorly most of my clothes fit me and I now really believe that it's 90% because I need to be buying most of my clothes from the petite section.  I guess it took a long time for this four foot eleven inch tall woman to realize something so simple and common sense.
2. I love the contrast of this deep purple top and yellow necklace!  I always get compliments from students when I wear this necklace but today even teachers were loving it.
3. If you look at the detail photo of this shirt in the collage above, you can see the subtle vertical pinstripe.  It's not terribly noticeable from faraway, but I knew it was there and somehow it made me feel a bit longer and leaner.  Possibly a placebo but in my mind it worked!
Binder clip to the rescue!

Dislikes:
1. As I mentioned the last time I wore these pants, they fit in the hips and thighs but are too big in the waist and have no belt loops.  Since I haven't worn them for almost two weeks, I forgot all about that until I put them on and remembered that I seriously need to get them altered!  It was too late to change clothes, so I came up with a temporary solution that I saw in the book Style by Lauren Conrad, which I am currently still reading.  She said that when photo shoots are done, the models have tons of safety pins and binder clips in the back of their clothes to give the illusion of a perfect fit.  While this is not a permanent fix, the binder clip worked for me for today to hold my pants up and my shirt covered it.  And FYI, I looked up the number of two tailors near my home and I plan to check them out soon and get these pants fixed!

2 comments:

  1. Pam, I'm a long-time follower on boty YT and your blog, but don't think I've ever commented. I'm absolutely loving your fashion adventure posts. They are inspiring! ~Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise! I'm having so much fun with this series and I'm really learning a ton about what fits me and what doesn't and finally, at nearly 30 I'm really learning what my personal style is. I'm glad you're enjoying the series as much as I am! :)

      Delete