I know this outfit probably looks way too cold for most of you, but it was over 80 degrees here today in Northeast Florida and I was quite comfortable taking my students out to recess in this. In the morning, it was a little chilly so at the bottom of this post, I showed you what the skirt looked like with my recently rediscovered trench coat too. But you could easily turn this into a winter outfit by tossing on a cardigan and a pair of boots.
1. blue button down dress shirt - Walmart (already owned)2. petite dotted A-line skirt - Loft Outlet (new)
3. black necklace and matching earrings - Walmart (already owned)
4. black belt - free with a top from Rue21 several years ago (already owned)
5. George control top nylons in suntan - Walmart (new)
6. black bow ballet flats - Bass Outlet (already owned)
1. Fit! The shirt fits me well and the skirt is a perfect length for my petite stature. I felt put together in this outfit!
2. I felt that I did a good job of adding in the little details that made this outfit work. As a shirt and skirt it would have been cute but the added necklace and earrings with the belt really make it feel complete.
3. I think the colors work on me. Since I am so fair skinned, I tend to look better in saturated colors. I feel like I look washed out in pastels and other paler colors so these bold fun shades work well on me.
4. Print! I never wear printed bottoms and normally wouldn't even have looked twice at this skirt but when I bought this on Sunday, I was really trying to branch out and I think it was a success! And it worked because there are four colors in this skirt, white, black, royal blue, and sky blue (hard to detect, even up close). I have shirts in three out of four of those colors already so it wasn't hard for me to find something to wear on top with this fun dotted skirt.
1. This cheapo Walmart shirt has seen better days. You can't really tell in the photos but up close, the seams are beginning to fade in color.
2. Again, the Walmart shirt! It doesn't quite match the dark blue in the skirt exactly, which is why I separated the colors with a belt.
After cleaning out my closet, I rediscovered several items in my wardrobe that I had completely forgotten about, either because they were stuffed in among other items or because they needed some tailoring to get the best possible fit. I plan on writing a post very soon about these items. Keep an eye out!