Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Summer Favorites

Again, not sure how long it's been since I've done favorites so these are probably from about the last six to eight weeks.

ABOVE, going left to right.
Garnier Fructis Style Full Control Ultra Strong Humidity Hairspray - I had a mini bottle of this that I had gotten with my favorite version of this hairspray in Flexible Control.  Flexible Control wasn't proving to be strong enough for the extremely hot, humid, and rainy August here in Florida so I tried the Full Control version and fell in love.  After using the whole mini bottle, I bought this full size one.  It holds out humidity without feeling hard or crunchy.
John Frieda Frizz Ease Straight Fixation - Again, my hair was untamed at the beginning of August because of the heat and humidity.  Then I remembered that I had a mini version of this product that I had bought for travel earlier in the summer.  I tried it again and my hair has been straight, sleek, and split end free ever since.  Again, I ended up buying it in full size and I am in love!  It keeps out frizz, helps straighten your hair, and acts as a heat protectant.  Works better than some $20 products I've tried!
Suave Keratin Leave In Conditioner - This has also helped to keep my split ends away.  Works well, is affordable, and easy to find at Walmart or Target.
Victoria's Secret Amber Romance Body Splash - Another great smelling body spray that I'm trying to use up.  This is a great scent for fall.
MAKEUP FAVORITES:
Essence Big Lashes Mascara in Waterproof - Reminds me of Benefit's Bad Gal Lash but way cheaper.  Super waterproof but takes a lot of work to remove.
Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in Espresso - Just so soft and easy to apply.  Can break down some in heat and humidity though.
Carmex Lip Balm - Shiny, moisturizing, and lasts for a long time.  This has been a favorite for dry lips for me for more than ten years.
Wet N Wild Brulee - I've really been enjoying the natural look lately, including matte eyeshadows.  This is a great matte cream that works on the lid or as a highlight.
NYX Dark Brown - Medium dark brown matte shade.  Great for lower lash line or the crease.
NYX True Taupe - Brown leaning taupe matte shadow.  Makes a great lid shade or a transition shade in the crease.
NYX Sahara - Shimmery cream shadow.  Also a nice natural look and works well with Dark Brown in the crease.
e.l.f. Studio Blush in Candid Coral - This is a great peachy pink with a slight shimmer.  Looks good with most skin tones and works with pink or peach lips.
Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush in Natural - A great slightly shimmery pink that blends like a dream.

2 comments:

  1. I love Wet n Wild Brulee too but I think they've discontinued it! Can't find it any stores and even if you "try" to buy it on their website, it says it is unavailable. Booo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOOOO!! That is horrible!! Thanks for the info. Mine is running low so I will definitely be checking for it around town!

      Delete