Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Bare Minimum

I spent the entire day today working on stuff for my job.  Lesson plans, making signs, cutting out laminate, and counting out copies... I pretty much spent twelve hours at home working.  I knew that was how I would be spending my day today so when I put on my makeup this morning, I just applied the bare minimum.  Some people are perfectly happy wearing no makeup to just hang out at home, but even a small amount of makeup makes me feel good about myself and this is about the bare minimum that I wear, even just at home.


1. eye primer - I use the e.l.f. $1 eye primer to prime under my eyes so that my corrector goes on more smoothly, creases less, and lasts longer.
2. undereye corrector - Pixi Brightening Peach Correction Concentrate is my favorite for covering my really, really dark circles.
3. concealer - If I have any blemishes, I cover them with Maybelline Super Stay Concealer in Cream.
4. powder foundation - Today I used Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Talc Free Mineral Face Powder in Translucent Light.  This isn't my absolute favorite foundation but it covers well.  As you can see, my compact is almost empty.  It sets everything and blurs any imperfections.
5. lash curler - e.l.f. $1 lash curler does a great job of curling my lashes.  My lashes are naturally very long but not very thick.  Curling them helps make them stand out more.
6. mascara - Wet N Wild Mega Lash Clinical Mascara makes my lashes stand out without getting mascara all over my eyelids.  This is one of my favorite mascaras ever!

What is your bare minimum?  Are you fine with going makeup-less?

3 comments:

  1. Mine is foundation, eyeliner, and blush or bronzer! Sometimes a little bit mascara... Normally I have to have full makeup on tho...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that makeup bag! Haha :P

    Sophie xx

    http://luckybeauty07.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fine with being makeupless but if I feel the need to wear it, the bare minimum would be eyeliner to define my eyes (only in the upper and lower waterline)...it makes me look more awake. =)

    ReplyDelete