Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sally Hansen Salon Effects: Attempt #2

Way back in June, I gave Sally Hansen Salon Effects a second try and I sort of forgot all about the pictures until I found them again on my computer.  The second try went way better for me than attempt #1.  I'm not sure if it's just the difference in the kind of strips or what but I found them far easier to apply and remove.  They also lasted much better this time around.
The strips I used this time were the Checker Out strips.  These are a light green and white checked pattern, which I got on clearance at Target.  They are super cute and I got lots of compliments while wearing them.
At the time that I applied these, I didn't really have the best lighting, as I put them on back in June when we were staying at a hotel in Saint Pete Beach for a workshop Brian was attending.  The top two are natural sunlight and the photo above this paragraph is in the shade.  The sunlight pictures are rather color accurate.
The application was much better than my first try, although you can still see many bubbles and wrinkles from where I had some trouble.  It's most noticeable on the thumb above, as well as the index and middle fingers.
I was able to remove these quite easily using 100% pure acetone polish remover.  I have one more set of the neon orange strips I used in attempt #1 that I'm going to try again and see if it's just that particular type of strip or if it just takes some practice to get used to how to apply them.  They are definitely fun for something like vacation but I think for everyday purposes, I still prefer regular polish and my stamping kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment