Wednesday, August 1, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Recreate Your Favorite

By far, my favorite manicure from this challenge was this one but I thought it would be silly to redo the exact same thing I did a few days before.  So I went with a new spin on my favorite technique, which was definitely the gradients I did here and here.  I also wanted to use my all time favorite color, so I went with a purple color scheme.
You'll have to forgive me because I forgot to take a picture of the lighter shade on its own but it looks pretty much like what you see at the cuticle area.  The lighter shade is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Violet Voltage, which is a super opaque medium purple creme.  One coat was all I needed with this polish!  Next I sponged on Violet Voltage and Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Grape Escape following The Nailasaurus's awesome tutorial.
Finally, I stamped on this lovely design using Sally Hansen Color Quick in Gold Chrome and Bundle Monster Image Plate BM316 then followed with top coat.
I really love the way this looked and I got lots of compliments and people asking me where I got my nails done followed by people asking me how on earth I did that myself.  I actually wore this one for more than a day too!  But my days of painting my nails every day are over, as I start back to work next week and I've been super busy this week preparing my classroom.  I'm hoping to have a minute or two tomorrow to take some pictures of my recent Essence haul to share with you.  It's only four things but I still think they are worth sharing.  For now, I'm off to bed!

1 comment: