Sunday, July 15, 2012

One Of These Things Is Not Like The Others

I would happily cry from the tops of mountains about how much I love Wet N Wild eyeshadows.  They are pigmented, soft, and easy to apply.  However, earlier this week, I was using the I'm Getting Sunburned trio when I remembered why I hadn't used it in ages.  I just really feel like one of the shades in this trio is not like the other shadows from Wet N Wild.  The one I'm talking about is the bottom shade, which is a shimmery orange-gold.  While it is still pigmented, I feel like it isn't as soft or easy to apply as most of the other shades, including the brown and pink in this trio.  You have to really pack this gold shade onto the lid to achieve the color in the pan.  While I have many shimmery shades from WNW, this particular one just seems more chalky and has a lot of fallout without great color payoff.  I am just wondering if anyone else has this trio and has noticed that about the bottom shade.  If so, has anyone found a solution?  Maybe applying it wet?  It's a pretty color but I found the formula really leaves a lot to be desired.
Applied with my finger onto my hand, it seems to swatch okay, but still not the same color payoff as the other two shades in this trio.  Maybe I'll just stick to the top two shades, as they make a pretty nice duo.  Disappointing.

4 comments:

  1. aw thats disappointing! the color is really pretty. i wanted this trio too, but mainly for that color!

    jenxxhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still workable, you just have to pack on a lot more shadow to get the color and then you have to work around the fallout too. Too much of a pain for my preference.

      Delete
  2. I have this problem too! I don't have this palette, but I think the blue shadow in I'm Feeling Retro (think that's the name) Is not very pigmented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have that one but I had the blue single in Lagoon and it was not very pigmented either. I gave it away.

      Delete